Economic Development Corporation Michigan City, Indiana seeks an experienced Executive Director to lead our economic development organization. The successful candidate will have opportunities to work with our Board of Directors and community stakeholders to complete our strategic initiatives currently under review with Crowe Horwath LLP consultants, work with city officials to assist with implementation of our Downtown Action Agenda as well as our Lake Michigan Gateway initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, City Planning/Public Administration or similar
- A minimum of five years experience in Economic Development
- Certification as an economic development professional is highly preferred
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient knowledge in strategies/business planning and promotion, market analysis and financial management
- Strong, effective sales background with proven results
- Demonstrated reporting and research skills. Ability to gather large amounts of data, analyze, evaluate and disseminate in an efficient manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to build and sustain relationships
- Ability to effectively work with attention to detail in a high pressure, fast-paced environment and to be held accountable for results.
- Leading and managing a professional economic development team in the successful implementation of annual strategic plans for prospect development, new business recruitment, existing business retention and expansion, workforce development, entrepreneurial development and marketing research
- Working with public officials to carry out initiatives adopted by the Board
- Maintain community awareness of our goals and objectives
- Maintain corporate records, materials and resources
- Manage the office and personnel
- Lead aggressive business attraction and retention efforts.
- Preparing responses for RFIs from site selectors, Indiana Economic Development Corporation and others
- Develop and maintain marketing brochures and strategies, website content, etc, regarding available properties in Michigan City
- Identify potential prospects
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with local, regional and state EDOs and officials.
Salary is commensurate with experience, from $70,000 to $90,000/year. Benefits include health care, a car allowance, phone allowance and a retirement plan.
Visit www.edcmc.com for more information.
Qualified candidates should forward resumes to:
Chuck Compton, Board Chair
Economic Development Corporation Michigan City, Indiana
Two Cadence Park Plaza
Michigan City, IN 46360